1. Manuscripts must be formally sent by authors` organization with an act of examination and a photocopy of subscription receipt for Nauka Yuga Rossii [Science in the South Russia] for a current year. Post-graduate students can publish their works at no charge.
2. Texts must be thoroughly edited and signed by all the authors. Authors are required to specify a department for their article and index according to the Universal Decimal Classification (UDC). Manuscripts must contain 2 copies of abstracts in Russian and English (up to 200 words), title, authors` names and key words (up to 7) in Russian and English. Please provide a full name of the institution where research was performed, as well as surname, postal code, address, work and home telephone numbers, fax and email for each co-author. The corresponding author must also be indicated.
3. Articles are published on one side of white A4 paper with 1 ½ spacing and margins on the left. The font used is Times New Roman 12. Text and images must be submitted in 2 copies; repetition of data in the text, tables and graphs is not acceptable. Images must be monochrome and in a format that provides clarity of all detail. All images must be accompanied by legends, regardless of whether they are described in the text, with legends listed on a separate sheet with double spacing. On the back side of an image, authors` names, the article title and figure number must be given.
4. Alongside a hard copy, authors are required to submit a digital version with text in Microsoft Word format, including abstract and keywords in both Russian and English, figure legends and information about the authors. The file must be named after the first author in Latin characters, e.g. Ivanov.doc(rtf); figures must be submitted in separate files named e.g. IvanovFig1.gif.
5. Articles are published in the order of submission.
6. Articles returned for revision should not be assumed to have been accepted for publication. After submission of a revised manuscript, the editorial board considers it again. Revised texts must be submitted with the original version and responses to all the commentaries.
7. Rejected articles are not sent back.
8. Please do not resubmit an article once rejected by the editorial board.
9. Text formatting. Mathematical and chemical formulae must be written in 12 font. Latin characters must be written in italics, and Russian and Greek characters in regular font. In the hard copy Greek and Gothic symbols must be underlined with red and blue pencil, respectively. Mathematical symbols such as lim, lg, ln, arg, const, min, max etc. and names of chemical elements must be written in regular font. Subscripts and superscripts must be exactly in their place and marked. Symbols must be clearly separated from diacritics. If similar looking Greek and Latin characters, e.g. ν (Greek nu) and Latin v, are used in the manuscript, their names must be written in the margin. Greek and Latin capital and lowercase letters must be distinguished by two lines below and above, respectively. A numerical value and measurement unit must be separated with non-breaking space (use Shift+Control+Space for this). No hyphenation must be done by hand: either use special tools in text editing software or avoid hyphenation. Don`t use spaces for indents. Hyphen, minus and dash must be distinguished.
10. Bear in mind that formulae will have to fit half page in print (about 8 cm), so bigger formulae should be divided into parts. Formulae parts should be independent if possible since formula editor treats every line as a separate object. Numbering and punctuation marks must be kept separately and only formulae referenced in the text must be numbered.
11. Abbreviations must be explained and their use must be reasonably limited; avoid introducing new abbreviations unless necessary.
12. Measurement units must conform to GOST 8.417-2002.
13. Describe only the original part of methods.
14. Geographic names must conform to a latest atlas.
15. References must be given in brackets starting , ,  etc. in order of appearance; only list those which were referenced in the text. Unpublished works must not be referenced. A reference to a work published in Vestnik SSC is obligatory.
16. For books: author`s surname and initials in italics, full title, place of publication, publisher, year, volume or issue and total number of pages.
17. For periodicals: author`s surname and initials in italics, article title, journal title, year of publication, volume, issue and the first and the last page of a referenced article.
Please do not insert images into Word files. Submit raster image files in ≥ 300 dpi for halftone images such as photos, newspaper clips and book illustrations, and ≥ 600 dpi for line drawings such as graphs, tables and scanned draftings. For scanned images the above resolutions must be used while scanning, not set in processing software afterwards to meet the requirements. Acceptable formats include TIFF, EPS, PICT (for line drawings), PSD (preferable for complex images in layers with text) and JPEG. Color models include Bitmap, Grayscale and CMYK.
In vector images all fonts must be converted to curves. Acceptable formats include Adobe Illustrator (.ai), Illustrator eps (.eps) and Free Hand eps (.eps).
Images must not contain objects in RGB. If the work was done in Corel Draw it is desirable to submit image files in two formats: the original one (.cdr) and the exported one. If an image contains only vector objects, please export to Adobe Illustrator (.ai) with the following settings: version 7.0; Destination ? Macintosh, Export text as ?Curver, all boxes flagged. If a file has raster objects convert it to TIFF 300 dpi and include raster images as separate files.